Expand Your Mind Through Music

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Offering Private Music Lessons in the NYC Area
Voice of all levels; Beginning Piano, Ukulele, and Violin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Looking for that creative outlet? Love to sing out your favorite songs? Turn up the volume when you hear piano? Want to get your fingers moving up and down the strings or the keys?

Music lessons are for you!
Teaching music is my passion in life and I want to share it with you!

I am a Brooklyn based music teacher, teaching in the NY State public school systems since 2008 and giving private lessons since 2009. My expertise lies in vocal performance of all levels, beginning piano, ukulele, and violin. I received my undergraduate degree in Music, concentrating in Vocal Performance, from Stony Brook University and my M.A. in Music Education from Brooklyn College. From a young age I have had a strong dedication for learning about all musical parameters; performance, history, theory, and cultural connections.

It is now my life's work to pass on this knowledge to my students.

As my student, you will not only learn how to perform a piece of music on your preferred instrument. You will learn the story behind that piece of music; who wrote it, where they were, who they were with, and what inspired them. You will be given suggested listening based on your preferences to enhance your skills. Most of all, as my student, you will continuously learn and grow musically and expand your love of music. We will have tons of fun exploring together.

If you would like to schedule a preliminary meeting or lesson, or have any questions for me, please use the contact form to the right.  I can't wait to hear from you!


TESTIMONIALS:

“Elana was my son’s first piano teacher when he started piano (he was 4 years old) and she was attentive and patient as he took time to learn. She made it fun for him!"
- Ora S.

"Elana was [our son's] first piano teacher. She started his love of music when he was seven. Now in Middle School, he plays piano with the Jazz Band! Thank you Elana!" 
 - Carrie F.

"[Our daughter] had a blast and has been practicing piano OBSESSIVELY."

- Brian R.


Elana is also currently the Arts Liaison and Music Teacher of Core Music PreK-5th grade at 
Brooklyn Arts and Science Elementary School, a NYC Public School.